The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles:
trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship.
The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these
“six pillars of character.”
I therefore agree:
1. I will not attend at any match or session under the influence or otherwise impaired by alcohol or any other substance.
2. I will, and be mindful that others participate to have fun and that the game is for enjoyment.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect my safety or the safety of others.
4. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I will encourage sportsmanship and when not on the field of play will be a positive support for all players and show respect and courtesy, and demonstrate positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
6. I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will not engage in or encourage any behaviours or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
8. I will play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I will treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, colour, sex or ability.
10. I will appreciate that doing ones best is more important than winning.
11. I will compete fairly and try hard.
12. I will never ridicule or yell at other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
13. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
16. I will respect that a sports environment requires to be free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
17. I agree that if l fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
• Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or head of league organization
• Written warning
• Game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file.
• Game forfeit through the official or Coach
• Season suspension
You can download the Player code of conduct by clicking the link below.